Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Italian Christmas!

We spent the evening of Christmas Day and the next two days with the Italian side of my family, my moms side. We really had a blast but it was CRAZY! Let me give you a quick run-down.....
Almost everyone was there: Aunt Jennie, Uncle Karny, and their dogs Nicky, Mikey, two more dogs, their 3 horses, chickens and roosters, my cousin Jeff and Lydia and their dog Fritz, my cousin Karrie, Calvin, their three kiddos, Moira, Matthew and Maxwell and their dog Sadie, my cousin Jocelyn, Memaw and Pepaw, Mande and Ty and Lamar, me, Tyler and our dog Simon. Needless to say....there was never a dull moment! It was really great to see my family again and enjoy some Italian festivities.
Christmas dinner was AMAZING! Tyler got to eat his first Italian meal, (which he loved), all homemade by my incredible family. My cousin Karrie made homemade manicotti (cheese and spinach), Memaw and Mande made two homemade lasagnas and my Aunt Jennie made 12 pounds of meatballs. I am not kidding...12 freakin' pounds. I forgot to mention that we ate all this AFTER the relish tray, chips and dip, crackers and spinach artichoke dip, ham rolls, pigs in a blanket, much much more and any dessert you could ever want! We Italians sure know how to eat.
Then we had a really fun Chinese gift exchange. We set a limit of $50 a gift, so everything you had to choose from was awesome. Here is a little picture of Lamar and Tyler, waiting for their turn to pick a gift. So exciting!

While we were preparing food, Lamar and Tyler were playing with Aunt Jennie's food scale.

Tyler got a TON of clothes for Christmas. One of our favorite things was a Mavs jersey. He's a true baller.

It was really neat to see Tyler with his second cousins, Moira, Matthew and the newest addition, Maxwell. Mo and Matthew loved playing with Tyler, helping me feed Tyler and sitting and watching movies with me and Lamar. It was very sweet to watch. I'm not sure if Tyler recognized that Max was a baby like he is, if if he just wanted to pull on his clothes. But it was cute either way.


Lamar and I had so much fun with Mande and Ty. We do alot of laughing when the 4 of us get together! I love when Tyler gets to spend time with his Aunt Mande and Uncle Ty too. They have so much fun and Tyler gets a lot of attention. What else could he possibly need?

I think sometimes he got confused as to who was mommy and who was Aunt Mande.

Tyler loves his Memaw and Pepaw. We got to go to their house for breakfast one morning and spend some quality time with them. We laughed harder than we did the whole week there. They are so funny and quick witted. We didn't have a high chair for Tyler, so Memaw put him in her wicker chair and strapped him in with one of Pepaws belts. It worked wonderfully! He enjoyed his pancakes, ham and egg yolks right along with the rest of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

shoot. that's a fine lookin' belt if I do say so myself. this is the coolest blog I have ever seen...ever!