Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Day Before Tyler Was Born!

January 30th, 2007.....I was enjoying my last day as a pregnant woman.


1 year ago today....this was my boy.....only a tiny little (ok huge) baby bump!


You may be wondering, "Why are you making such a big deal about this?" Well the way I see it....you only have your first year with your first child, ONCE! It will never come around again.

One year ago today I was still imagining what it would be like to be an actual "mom". I was thinking about how hard it was going to be put someone else (besides my husband) before myself. I was terrified that I wouldn't know what to do with a child. I was scared to be put in charge of another life and thought I was incapable of doing such a thing. Well, I worried for nothing! Isn't it amazing how God totally equips you for every new stage in your life?! Isn't it incredible that the phrase you hear so many times, "You'll just know!", is so true! As soon as they hand you that precious baby for the first time, all your "mommy" instincts start coming out. And even better, all the "daddy" instincts come out slowly but surely in your husband too.

I feel so blessed knowing that God is NEVER going to leave me or forsake me. (Hebrews 13:5) He will NEVER throw me into a new challenge without equipping me first! (2 Timothy 3:16) He will NEVER make me do it on my own (Isaiah 41:10) and He will NEVER give me anything I can't handle (Philippians 4:6-7; 4:13). Not because I am strong or not because I am tough enough, (because we know that can't be the case) but because HE gives me what I need to handle everything that's coming my way. HE equips me! I truly believe this and my heart aches for the people who haven't come to this realization yet. I mean seriously, how the heck can anyone be a parent, without knowing that GOD is right there with them every second of the day?!

Praise God for all he has done in my life...the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful. It has made me the woman, the friend, the wife, the sister, the daughter and the MOM I am today!

Exodus 15:2 "The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."

6 comments:

Krystal said...

I love this post! You look beautiful! Be sure to post some birthday pics of your boy!!!

Meghan said...

I, too, love this post!! It's hard to put into words how you feel as you makee that transition to motherhood, but you've put it so well!

Happy birthday, Tyler!!

Jace said...

You are so right! I can't believe that it's already been a year! March 12 is just around the corner for us! Tell Tyler Happy Birthday from us back here in Arlington. We hope that he had the best First Birthday EVER!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!!!!

Janelle and Ella said...

Good Word, Jill!! You are the cutest pregnant woman on the face of this earth! Happy Birthday Tyler!! Wow...one year! That's a big deal.

Kristin said...

I love the fact that our babies came home to us at almost the exact same time. Isn't the Lord sweet to give us the gift of getting to share that. Sharing their first year was so awesome, I can't wait for more!
Loveyou