Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day one at MawMaw's and PawPaw's.

Last Thursday we left to go see my dad in East Texas. After a 4 hour car ride, which Tyler did very well in, we made it to the farm. Of course, as soon as we stepped out of the car, we were greeted by Simon. It took a while for Tyler and Simon to warm up to each other, but they were back to their normal "best buddies" selves in no time! (Sorry no pictures of Tyler and Simon, I will explain why later.) When my dad got home from work, he immediately took Tyler out to the garden for some vegetable picking time. This was one of Tyler's favorite things to do the entire weekend. Anytime we went outside, he headed for the garden and started picking peas and tomatoes, whether they were ready to be picked or not!





Tyler loved walking all through the yard hold mine and my PawPaw's hands. His favorite part was saying, "Un, tu, tweeee" and lifting his feet up, knowing we would swing him through the air. He is such a funny little guy.



No trip to PawPaw's is complete without a ride on "Trigger".

Before dinner, Tyler was begging to go outside and play some more. His way of begging to go out is bringing you his shoes and saying, "chews, chews, chews", until you finally give in, put his shoes on him and take him out.
Of course, PawPaw was happy to fulfill Tyler's request. After about 20 mintues of playtime outside, I decided to go out and see what kind of trouble they were getting into. At first I thought they were just looking at the horses.

But as I got closer, I noticed Tyler was a tad bit dirty!

Then I figured out why. After playing in the horses water trough, PawPaw and Tyler found a pile of dirt in the back of the pasture. Oh what fun dirt can be! Tyler had a blast throwing dirt all over the place, even Simon got to be a part of the fun. (Although I'm not so sure he enjoyed it quite as much as Tyler.)
And for all you Austinites, now you can see where I get my accent from.....and why it's so thick when I come back from visiting family!

Needless to say, Tyler got a real good bath before dinner.
What a fun first day.

No comments: