Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day two....a sad, sad day!

As soon as Tyler woke up Friday morning, he brought me his shoes and started his begging ritual to go outside. So we headed out to greet the horses.
Here are some sweet pictures of Tyler saying good morning to BG and her colt, Winnie.



But then Tyler wanted to get a little closer to the horses.....and a tragedy occurred! I picked him up with one arm, and tried to take some sweet pictures of him sticking his fingers in the horses nose and mouth with my other hand.....

.....and that was the last picture I took the whole weekend.
In the midst of taking a picture, I dropped my camera and IT BROKE!!! I know this doesn't sound like a big deal to some of you, but for those of you who know me well, know this is a major catastrophe. Tyler's entire life is documented on that camera! He doesn't get to do anything without a flash going off in his face. (Poor kid.) I just know how much I love looking at old pictures of me when I was kid because pictures tell such a great story. Especially when you don't have someone there to tell you the story. And they bring back old memories that might have otherwise been forgotten.
Lamar thinks the camera can be fixed, so I will bring it to a shop and see......but until then.....it's a non-picture-taking-world around here.
Sniff Sniff


Anyways...I don't even know how to document the rest of our trip without pictures....but I will try to give you a quick run down of the rest of the weekend....just in case you are curious.

Friday we spent the entire day and night at my Memaw and Pepaws and Aunt Jennie's. Tyler loves visiting them, and they all adore him as well. Tyler got to feed the chickens, pet more horses, pick more veggies from the garden, eat a fabulous meal that Memaw prepared, and learn how to play a really cool instrument of Pepaw's. There were many cute photo-ops, but no camera to capture them with.
Sniff Sniff

Saturday was a fun day back at PawPaw's farm. While Lamar and my dad went to wrangle up some new calves, take them to the vet, and then take them back to the farm, Vicki and I enjoyed watiching Tyler and Simon play like old times. (Insert cute photos here) Sniff Sniff Once Lamar and my dad got home, Tyler got to ride the tractor, the lawn mower, the other tractor, and the golf cart. The boy loves anything with wheels!

Sunday we spent the morning at my dads church, The Kingdom Living Cowboy Church. They meet in an old, very primative, church on a small piece of land. There is no air conditioning, no running water, no bathroom, no sound system, and no separate rooms for the kiddos, but it's no problem. The people still come to worship God and hear the message! It was amazing. It felt just like the way things probably were way back when. I enjoyed sitting and hearing God's word, coming from my dad's mouth, with none of the hupla and visual stimulation that most churches need these days. (Although I do enjoy bathrooms, air conditioning and running water in my church.) After lunch, Dad and Vicky babysat Tyler while Lamar and I went out on a date. Yay for movies, new jeans and running shoes and frozen custard!

And Monday, we headed back home.

No comments: