Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Sunday, December 14, 2008

T is for Turkey!

Thanksgiving came and went so incredibly fast. I cannot believe how much Tyler has changed from this time last year.


We spent Thanksgiving Day at the Loro and Schmidt households in Whitehouse.

Mande and I got to cook Thanksgiving dinner for the whole family. It was really fun and we were so proud of our finished product. YUMMO!

Playing in the leaves is fun, until the fire ants come to play too.


I have really tried to instill a passion for reading in Tyler. I'm not sure if it's because I am a first grade teacher and I know how important it is, or if it's because I hated reading growing up and want Tyler to find the love for books that I never had. But either way, it has worked. Tyler LOVES to read books. One of his favorites is the Spanish/English Dictionary...go figure.
He especially loves reading books with his Memaw!

Not only was it Thanksgiving time at the Loro house, but it was Christmas time as well. Tyler got lots of wonderful presents from his Memaw and Pepaw and from his Auntie Jennie and Uncle Karny.
Memaw made Tyler this beautiful Cowboy quilt, which is in his crib at this very moment.

He also got a fun guitar so he can be just like his daddy. Lamar and Pepaw gave him a few lessons but then Tyler took it from there. He's gonna be my little rock star.






Tyler also got a Smart Learning Board from his Auntie Jennie and Uncle Karny. Max wanted to help Tyler learn how to use it, I think they figured it out.


We spent the rest of our Thanksgiving holiday at MawMaw and PawPaw's house.
Tyler got to help decorate the Christmas tree and set up all the decorations. I'm not sure if he was more of a help or a hinderance, but he certainly enjoyed it!



Tyler really loved pulling the Christmas blankets out of the bag. I'll let you see for yourself how that went.





I will leave you with some of my favorite pictures from Thanksgiving break...a little play time with PawPaw. My favorite thing about these pictures is that you can see the "awe" and "love" in Tyler's eyes, that he has for his PawPaw. Too precious!!!








No comments: