Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful Mother's Day today! I have such an amazing husband, that I love and adore, who made sure it was very special. First of all, when I woke up this morning, Tyler had left me some beautiful flowers and a precious card. (It's amazing how well he can spell even at only 15 months of age.) I love my precious little boy!

Then we went to church to see daddy. Lamar sang a beautiful song about moms, and how we are changing the world "one little heartbeat at a time". If you know me at all, then you know I take every opportunity possible to take sweet pictures of my family, and this was no different. I love my boys!



After church we all went to lunch, me, Lamar, Tyler, Chase, Nick and Lindsey. They took me to Macaroni Grill because it's one of my favorites, and we had such a fun time. We had a long wait since it was Mother's Day, but waiting was half the fun. The boys all hung out, reading Tyler books and telling funny stories. I'm not really sure who enjoyed the books more though, Tyler or the big kids. Aren't they cute!




And Lindsey and I just chit chatted and laughed at the boys. (And made funny faces for pictures of course.)



Here is our crew! (Lamar hates when I ask strangers to take pictures for us.)

Tyler's favorite part, and probably the only thing he ate, was the bread. But who doesn't love Macaroni Grill's bread? It's delicious!

And to top it all off, when I got home today I had a surprise waiting in the mailbox. It was a voucher for the Lake Austin Spa and Resort. Lamar bought me a half day at the Lake Austin Spa and Resort ya'll! I get to pick any two 50 minute spa treatments that I want, and I get a spa lunch and a gift. What a sweet husband I have! He knows exactly how to melt my heart and make me smile. Massage, body wrap and facial, here I come!

Mother's Day isn't always the best day for me because it makes me miss my mom so much. But this year was wonderful! This morning in church, Pastor Dave talked about a mother's greatest fear...."being forgotten". He talked about how important memories are because every mother wants to be remembered. It made me start thinking about my mom and all the good times we had. I started thinking about the way she danced, the way she laughed, the way she looked at me when she was angry, the way she blew her nose while she was driving in the car, the way she laid down with me in bed before I went to sleep....and it made me realize....I only had 14 years with my mom and I remember almost everything! I plan on being with Tyler alot longer than that, so I know I will not be forgotten! And that is a great feeling. Not only will I always have my memories of my mom, but I get to pass down all the wonderful things that she taught me to Tyler, her grandson. So no fear! I will always have my memories of my mom because no one can ever take that away.....and I can continue making beautiful memories for Tyler as long as I am alive. Besides my family....those are the greatest blessings God could ever give me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love you, baby. that's a good blog.