Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Saturday, June 21, 2008

A week away.....

Last week Lamar and I left Tyler in Arlington with the grandparents, and we headed for Lake Amistad in Del Rio for Riverbend's High School House Boat Camp. (Lamar was leading the worship and I was a small group leader.) Even though I am always sad when I am away from Tyler...I enjoyed myself thoroughly on our trip. We got to stay on a gorgeous lake, in very nice houseboats, with an amazing group of high schoolers and staff and see God's beautiful creation in all it's glory. Here is a little picture of where we were.




Miranda and I were small group leaders for 10th, 11th and 12th grade girls. I really enjoyed the girls on my boat and I was so impressed with their maturity and willingness to be open and honest. What a great group of Godly young women!


Can you tell how tired I was?
Our group picture...Lamar and I are at the bottom right.

One of the things that made this trip so great, was knowing how much fun Tyler was having with Bill and Sandra. They took him to the aquarium, to the lake to feed the ducks, to the mall for a little shopping, swimming at the big pool with Aunt Jo, and they even bought a kiddie pool to play in the back yard. Every day when I would call them (after driving the boat 10miles to the marina so I could get phone service...thanks Chad!) Tyler was always laughing and having a good time. It made my heart happy knowing he adjusted so well to his new surroundings. Bill and Sandra were so great at sending me pictures on their phones every day, so I could see what my little boy was doing. Here are a few of the pictures I received!





Yay to a fabulous week!

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Wow, what an awesome camp. Umm, can be a group leader next year? hehe

Jill Marie said...

Come on Janelle, the more the merrier!