Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Nothing to do with Tyler, sorry!

Ok, so Lamar and I went downtown today to have lunch with our friends, Miranda and Luke. We went to a place called Jo's because they have the absolute best hamburgers around. We were about to leave when Lamar said, "Hey, there's that guy that won American Idol." So naturally I glance over and see a guy that totally looks like Taylor Hicks. You know, the guy with salt and pepper hair that won last year. I really liked him that year and wanted him to win so bad, so I was very happy when he actually won, despite what Simon said. Anyways, back to the story. We argued about it for a while and I was certain it was not him. I tried to get someone to ask him his name, but no one would go. We even asked the waitress to look at her credit card receipts to see if one was his, but none had his name on it. Determined not to leave without finding out the truth, I called my trusty friend Lindsey, and asked her to look him up on the internet to see if he was in the area doing a show or something. Sure enough, she said he was in San Marcos for the day doing a show. So, I summoned up my courage, walked back into the restaurant, and walked right up to his table. I simply said, "Hi, Im sorry, but my husband and I are debating about who you are." He started shaking his head and said "Yes". To which I said, "You are?" And he said "Yes, I am." Then I babbled on about how much I loved his music and thought he was amazing on Idol, blah, blah, blah. Then I shook his hand, and the beautiful girls hand that was with him, and I left, so proud of myself for actually having the nerve to ask. So, this whole long story just to say.....I met Taylor Hicks today. Lamar was right, I was wrong. But, I am so happy that I met my first famous person today. I love Austin Texas!!

(Sorry I don't have any pictures to post, but I thought that would be a little over board. Well, Lamar thought it would be over board.)

8 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Jill, I am SO JEALOUS of you right now!! I LOVE Taylor Hicks! And I am very impressed with your courage to ask him!! I get so stupid when I see somebody famous.

lonilee said...

Could you tell us what the beautiful woman looked like. Brunette, blonde, what?

Julie said...

You lucky devil! I am curious, too...was this the newscaster girlfriend? Short blonde hair?

Jill Marie said...

She was tall, thin and had short blonde hair. I didn't know about this newscaster, but I guess it could be her. She was very beautiful. They were very flirty and cute together. When they walked out of the restaurant he rubbed her head and hugged her, and they were laughing alot. It was really sweet.

CraftyPeach said...

Cute story! I hope your hubby doesn't rub it in to much. LOL!

Are you going to Taylor's upcoming Houston show? If you can get tickets, I would HIGHLY recommend it. He puts on an absolutely fantastic show.

lonilee said...

That does sound sweet. Might be sweeter yet if the fiance had moved out of the house before the trip to Hawaii. I wish them much happiness. Really.

Marts said...

Sorry, I am a little confused.You went back into the restaurant to find out if it was him,shook their hands at the table and then left. So when did you observe them leaving? Did they follow you out or did you wait outside? Sure wish you had got pics.

Unknown said...

Joes is a coffee shop downtown. After you eat you can just hang out outside, they have tables and chairs and stuff. So we were just talking outside (after I met him) and they walked out of the shop.