Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Sunday, July 22, 2007

My baby boy is growing up!

Well I know it has been a while so let me catch you up. Tyler is almost 6 months now. I know....he is growing up so fast! Tyler had his first babysittes (besides grandparents) and he was such a good boy. I just had my 27th Birthday and Lamar took me out for a night on the town and asked our friends Brian and Caitlin to come and watch Tyler. They bathed him, fed him, and put him to bed for us. I was so sad to miss out on getting Tyler ready for bed, since it is one of my favorite times of the day, but they did a fabulous job. Thanks guys!

Lamar and I had a great time on 6th street. I actually dressed up a little too. I think I even wore make-up and had my hair down. Aren't you proud?

Lamar threw a party for me at our apartment pool the day after my birthday. We grilled burgers and dogs, swam a little, and hung out with friends. We had a great time and Tyler got to play in the water again. One of his favorite things to do. Mandy and Adam brought baby Atticus to play too. He is Tyler's very first (and only) friend here in Austin. But don't worry, there are more babies on the way. YAY!!!


This last week Lamar was out of town at a camp. It was a pretty rough week because Tyler was really sick. Luckily, Tyler has one of the cutest "I'm sick" faces in the whole world. (I am happy to report that Lamar if finally home and Tyler is feeling much better now.)

Tyler has developed his first bad habit. Television! #1. He likes to army crawl really close to the TV so he can see what's going on. #2. He likes to hold onto the remote control and change the channels (and slobber all over it of course).

Did you hear me earlier? Ya, I said Tyler was army crawling. He is almost fast enough to keep up with Simon. ALMOST!

We have started feeding Tyler carrots and applesauce this week, along with his baby cereal and formula. He is loving the real food, although, apparently it wears him out! He slept right through lunch the other day.

Tyler is also sitting up quite well on his own now.

Tyler has so much personality and expression now. He can say "dada", at least that's what we think he is saying. He is such a happy baby boy!

3 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

This post is so long. There is much to comment about.
1. Army crawling...that is excellent!! IHe is such the early developer.
2. Happy Birthday!! Lamar did such a great job getting babysitters and taking you out on the town.
3. Good job in putting on make up and doing your hair. I am proud of you. I know that is something that rarely happens being a new mom.
4. His smile is so cute!!!

Jessica said...

What a big boy crawling already! I'm seriously impressed! You guys are all so cute...we loved seeing your family on the 4th!
p.s. we definitely see the Aunt Kristin/Claire resemblance, too!

Kristin said...

Jill,
We haven't had the internet in weeks since we have been moving. I just got to see all these precious Tyler pictures. I am not kidding....he looks so so cute!!! I love that he is busting out with the army crawl. That is all we saw from Miss Laney for quite a while. I kept wanting to strap a Swiffer Pad on her belly and send her out to mop the kitchen floors!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!