Family Picture

Family Picture
Jill, Tyler, Lamar and Tori

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sweet Students

My school has this really great tradition called Family Picnic Day. Once a year, all of the students invite their family to come and have lunch with them in the courtyard at school. It is really great to get to spend time with all my kids families, outside of normal conference time or meet the teacher time. And it's a great opportunity for my kids and their parents, to meet MY precious family.

Since the first time Lamar and Tyler visited my class, my students officially adopted Tyler as our class mascot. So cute! They can not get enough of him! They ask me on a daily basis how Tyler is doing, what is he saying that's new, when is he coming back, etc. When I told my class, very casually, that Tyler was sick with a cough and cold, they brought him get well cards that they made at home. I even had parents ask me if he was okay, because their child was SOOO worried about him.

I love how much my students have become a part of my family.

No comments: